December 08, 2013

Lower

As you know, I've been in love with a boy who goes to my school since practically third grade.

Have I told you how I love everything about him? If I have, never mind, he's worth telling it again. Because it's him we're talking about. And everything about him. The way he walks down the corridor, sure of himself, never looking down and never hesitating. The way he smiles at everybody, whoever they are, with a true smile. One of those that you almost never see anymore, so sincere, cute and perfect. And god, his eyes. So brown they're almost black. Filled with life and optimism. The way they shine and light up every dark corner, even if only because of their beauty.

He is the guy every girl at school is drooling for. He has all the cheerleaders on top of him, and is sort of like the most popular boy in my school. And how does that leave me? Well, as if I were a wall. A wall he passes everyday without paying any attention to it. A wall that is merely there to add to the structure of the school. I am part of the social structure. Only, I'm at the very bottom of it while he's at the very top. Hopeless huh? 

You could say it's the typical story, repeating itself over and over again. The king and the maid. The princess and the pauper. The rich girl and the server boy. Yes, you could say it's that all over again. But I'm not. I'm not saying that. Probably because I have hope.. Probably because i have dreams. And surely because it's true. It's not the typical story, it's my life. Having been in the same school for my whole life, and only loved one guy makes me realize how special he is, and makes we pray for something to happen.

I know nothing will happen, it never does. Because this is real life, and in real life these things never turn out as in the books. Why should they? They aren't stories made to entertain someone. No need to make anybody cry, or laugh. No need to make that perfect ending everybody's waiting for. No need to join us, or as destiny would say; intertwine our lives like a braid to join our souls as one. False promises and devastated hopes.

I saw him at school again. This time it was special; I accidentally bumped into him and as he turned around, I quickly said sorry and ran off. He followed me.

He actually ran after me. He actually chased me through the halls while I tried to escape him.

He caught up. Obviously. He grabbed my arm and turned me around till I stood facing him. My heart was beating really fast and my cheeks had already turned pink. I was already so used to my face burning up, I didn't even notice. That is, until he pointed it out to me while asking if I was okay and why had I fled from him.I barely said ten words. I just whispered sorry and that I was fine, and walked away again. He didn't follow me this time.

So I went to class, thinking that I had blown my only chance to talk to him, and to show him how I really was. Instead of that, I had panicked and messed everything up. I was feeling really dreadful in class and thinking how stupid I was when the door to class opened and he came in. My heart started the usual drum solo it had been practicing for years now, which showed up whenever I saw him.

He walked over to the teacher's desk and showed him a paper. I guessed it was an absence excuse to why he was late. All I could think about was how handsome he looked in skinny black jeans and light blue striped shirt. 

He turned around and caught me staring at him. I blushed and looked down, pretending to read the book I had open. One of the best things of being an outcast at my school was that I sat at the very back alone, which allowed me to mind my own business and not have to pay attention in class.

The next thing I knew, he had plopped down next to me and was asking me which page we were on. I looked up at him, surprised and astonished. What was he doing back here? And what was he doing talking to me? I answered him and looked down at my book again. I didn't speak for the rest of the class and as soon as the bell rang I hurried of. Thank god it was the last class of the day, so I went home directly.

Well, dear diary, as you can see, this day has been full of emotions. Some would say it's an ordinary day, some would say I am weird. But what I say is, how can you love so much a person and know his habits so well, and not be able to speak to him or even look at him in the face.

Diary, thank god I still have you. The only thing that keeps me from going mad and where I can express myself in this world where speaking out your emotions isn't looked well upon. Who knows what will happen tomorrow...when I see him again....

Kisses,
Iris

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


So there's a new post. Kind of different. Anyway, I thought a little change might be okay. Did you like it? Do you want me to continue the story? Or is it fine the way it is? What do you think will happen? Leave your comments or opinions below. (There is an anonymous option)

By the way, if you want me to tell you that there's a new post up, follow me on twitter (@estherturbi) or tell me through twitter or ask (htttp://ask.fm/turbs) and I'll tell you when a new one is up. 

That's about it. Oh, wait! I do have news. I've finished my exams so I can post up more often.

Loads of kisses and infinity of thanks for reading

Esther Alós © All rights reserved 

4 comments:

  1. Turbi increible. Te superas por momentos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias ShaJavi! Te apunto en la lista para avisar verdad?
      Muchos besooos

      Delete
  2. Una vez mas Esther, me ha encantado. Aquí siempre vas a tener una fiel seguidora, y no me canso de decirtelo. SIGUE ESCRIBIENDO! (me he acordado se la 'h')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jajajaa Muchas gracias! Me alegro que te guste tanto y que estes siempre leyendo. Si me dices quien eres y quieres, te puedo apuntar para avisarte (ya sea por twitter o no)
      Muchos besooos

      Delete